Sunday Morning Services
Starting July 5th our church will be open for in person services. We will still be live-streaming the services for people who are unable to come or do not feel comfortable yet attending in person services. The month of July will be a joint service with Hyde Park at the United Church of Johnson. August services will be a joint service held at the Second Congregational Church in Hyde Park. Services will start promptly at 9:30 for both July and August. Since our supply of communion elements are on backorder, both the Johnson and Hyde Park churches are asking you to bring your own elements for the July and August communion Sundays.
The Safety Protocols that will be in place:
- Due to state guidelines right now, a maximum of 50 people
- Masks are required
- Social Distancing will be in place
- Collection Plates will be at the back of the sanctuary
- There will be no coffee hours, no congregating inside the church
- There will be sanitizers at the door
- You will need to sign in when you enter for purpose of contact tracing, if necessary
- We recommend that you sit in the same seat every Sunday
- No socializing in the lounge before or after the service, please
- There will be no passing of the peace
- No holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer
- No passing of the communion plates. Communion will be served in a sealed container that will contain the juice and the wafer.
- We will not be running the fans this summer, so you may want to dress lightly because it could be hot in the sanctuary.
Please share this link with your friends and congregation.
Second Congregational Church link:
United Church of Johnson link:
Contact Rev Summers:
Follow and Like Us on Facebook
Live Service from United Church
every other Sunday
Dr. Rev. WendyJaine Summers
United Church Mission Statement: The United Church of Johnson is founded on the fundamental proposition that it is her you may worship your God and you may worship in freedom
Recognizing the divine purpose for the worship of God, we believe that mission of our church is to preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to celebrate the sacraments; to foster Christian understanding and be enablers of spiritual growth to realize Christian fellowship and unity of all Christian beliefs within this church and the church universal; to render loving services toward humanity and to strive for righteousness; justice, morality and understanding of one another; and to strengthen family and community life.
We further believe we should endeavor to live, through example, so as to reveal Christ to others; commit ourselves to uphold worship of God; contribute cheerfully as able to the support of the church and to its mission; always show love for one another, pray for one another, and in all we do, strive for justice and peace among all peoples of the world.
To all who need rest and comfort, to all who need friendship and hope, we welcome everyone who seeks God’s grace, as we walk together in Christian love.
Sunday Service July 5th
Please consider a Gift Donation
You can mail your donation to:
United Church of Johnson
100 Main Street
P.O. Box 703
Johnson, Vermont 05656